Hard to find a person unfamiliar with the basic roulette gameplay. You bet, the wheel spins, and when the ball lands in one of the numbered pockets, you already know if you’ve won or lost. But did you know there are multiple variations of this spectacular casino game?
Read below to learn what is European roulette (the most favorable variant of the game) and get familiar with the best winning tips to beat the odds in an online European roulette casino. You’ll also learn about the premium version intended for high-rolling gambling.
What Is European Roulette And How Its Rules Differ From The American Game?
Regardless of the software provider, the European version of roulette has several crucial distinctions from the American variation:
- The wheel of the European variety of roulette consists of 37 pockets with numbers from 0 to 36. As a result, the house has only about a 2.3% advantage over the punter.
- As to the American variety, the roulette wheel comprises 38 pockets, including an additional one numbered 00 or Double Zero. This boosts the house’s advantage to 5.26%. The layout of numbers on the wheel is also different in the American version.
- The European variety of the roulette game has a rule that favors the player even further. It’s called “La Partage”. When your wager is supposed to get an even-money payout, you will receive 50% of your stake back if the ball stops at Zero.
Online gamblers across the world give preference to the European variety, as the lower house edge and additional favorable rules boost your winning chances.
Pro Winning Tips For Those Learning What Is European Roulette
If you’re a roulette beginner, it never hurts to get familiar with the wisdom of seasoned players. Here are the top 3 useful tips from experienced roulette gamblers.
- Consider employing a betting system. The popual strategies are Martingale, D’Alembert, and Fibonacci. They will not only help you with bankroll management but also give your gambling a solid mathematical foundation.
- Study the betting table – it is the essence of what is European roulette. Knowing the odds and payouts on different bet types is important, as it allows you to quickly compare the risk with the reward on a bet.
- Manage your bankroll wisely. Set a limit for losses and avoid chasing them. Walk away from the roulette table when you’ve achieved a clear profit.
These tips are not complicated in the slightest, yet they can help a beginner enjoy the European roulette game to the fullest.
Premium European Roulette – How Is It Different From Classic Titles?
In land-based gambling venues, European roulette is a crowd-pleaser. The transition to the online domain has not diminished its popularity in the slightest. Quite the contrary: now roulette games are even more accessible for the broadest range of punters.
Appreciating the game’s unfading popularity, many a European roulette casino has launched premium versions of European roulette. Their main distinctions lie in the betting and payout options. Targeting high-rolling and VIP players, Premium European roulette has greatly expanded betting ranges.
If you wish to learn what is European roulette premium for free, you can download a demo version of the online game developed by Playtech, a widely known and reputed provider. Premium European Roulette stands true to its name, providing superb graphics and smooth animations, multiple table views, and many customizable features.