Basic roulette rules and winning strategies
Roulette game rules are more than simple. The main thing you have to understand is how to bet and what is the value of every wager. If you’re OK with that, you can start gambling and enjoying this aristocratic game.
So, let’s now take a closer look on basic roulette rules and find out the way to get the best payouts possible.
Roulette rules in details
The first thing to know is that its a table game. A special wheel with a small ball on it is also used in it. The wheel is covered by numbers from 1 to 36 plus zero (and double zero in some variations). The keystone in the rules of roulette is that you make your bet and then this wheel is spun. If the ball stops on the number you’ve predicted, then you’re the winner.
Your reward in the game depends on wager type you’ve made. According to casino roulette rules, you can win on several bets at once. All the wagers are divided into types depending on their place on the table layout and the quantity and type of numbers they cover.
- Straight. Covers only one number. Pays 35 to 1.
- Split. You place chips between 2 adjacent numbers. The reward is 17 to 1.
- Street. This bet covers 3 connected numbers in a column. The prize is 11 to1.
- Trio. A Street variation with zero included. Pays 11 to 1.
- Corner. You place a chip on the spot where 4 adjacent numbers meet. The reward is 8 to 1.
- Line bet. Covers 6 numbers in a column. The prize is 5 to 1.
- Basket. A Line bet type with zero (and double there according to American roulette rules). Pays 6 to 1.
- Odd or Even. The reward is 1 to 1;
- Red or Black. Pays 1 to 1;
- numbers 1 – 18. The prize has 1 to 1 ratio;
- numbers 19 – 36. Pays 1 to1;
- one of 3 columns. The reward is 2 to 1;
- one of 3 rows. The prize is 2 to 1.
That’s more than enough of roulette table rules for beginner. If everything is clear, it’s time to try the game online free. Remember that there are several variations like American, European and French ones available on the web, and they may have slightly different roulette gaming rules.
Every player searches for a way to get the best reward possible. That’s why lots of gamblers use special strategies or develop their own methods. Though, all the approaches are based on roulette rules, table game bet variations and wager winning odds combinations. Here are some popular strategies.
James Bond Method
Inspired by the popular novel character, this approach allows you to cover 67.57% of field numbers. It also uses the personal roulette game rule not to change the bet amount from round to round. The method presumes you make a 5 unit line bet on 13 – 18, cover 19 – 36 with 14 one-unit straight wagers and put one more unit on zero.
As you can guess, this method is based on 7 corner bets. They are the following:
- 0 – 3;
- 4 – 8;
- 11 – 15;
- 16 – 20;
- 23 – 27:
- 28 – 32;
- 32 – 36.
This is a kind of relaxing gaming, cause you have good chances to win and the possible payouts are medium. The best possible result is when the ball stops on 32, cause it’s present in 2 wagers.
A very simple to use and mostly effective method, but a bit tricky at the same time. The idea is that you choose a color and then just bet on it. Every time you loose, you double the wager for the next round.
When you’ll finally get a reward, it’ll cover all the losses and give you a small profit. Why the method is tricky? Cause you can wait rather long for the right color and it requires decent budget.